Thursday, March 11, 2010

FAQ, part 1

When are you moving? 
We are loading the moving van (with the help of some burly manly men Dave hired) Friday morning, then spending the night at my dad's in Edmonds that night and leaving Saturday morning for Bend. I'm having coffee with Lisa first but Dave is hitting the road early. Which brings us to...

How will you get your cars to Bend?
Dave already drove his pickup truck to Bend last weekend, then flew out of there to Salt Lake for a work trip, then flew back to Seattle yesterday. I'll drive my Subaru to Bend on Saturday, loaded with stuff for Conrad's entertainment. Dave will drive the big ol' moving van. Top speed of 50 MPH. Unless you're on a mountain pass, in which case you're kind of lucky if you keep moving forward at all.

Are you all packed? 
Actually, this is the Number 1 question and has been for weeks. And weeks ago, my answer was a horrified no. Who packs weeks before their move? I actually tried to get started weeks ago, but kept having to go dig things out of boxes that it turned out we still needed. (Where is the colander/ hairdryer/ Conrad?) So I only started in earnest last Friday, spending a full day packing THE KITCHEN. And only the kitchen. And I still haven't finished packing the kitchen. The kitchen is a bitch. All those cabinet doors trick us into thinking there's not much there. But oh, there is.

Any more questions? Let me know and we'll answer them in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment