Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Getting settled, getting sedated
Every afternoon since we got here, it starts to feel like I just swallowed 2 Benadryl with a shot of whiskey. Jeez, am I that tired? Then Dave reminded me tonight that we are at altitude. Probably just not used to it yet. And the days are still long and crazy. I unpack what feels like 40 more boxes every day. And there are still big, big things on my to-do list. For instance, I dropped Conrad off at his new daycare yesterday morning, and then promptly went out in search of a different one. This morning, I dropped him off at his new new daycare, and then went back to un-enroll at the first one. In between all this, I got a tiny bit of work done. Thank goodness my new employers are the most patient people on the planet. And speaking of good people, I arrived at work today to find a big package on my chair addressed to me from "your fans at the SSC" (Starbucks Support Center). Inside was a care package of Starbucks VIA, homemade cookies, framed photos from a going-away dinner party with some of my favorite former co-workers and a sweet card. How lucky am I? The world was conspiring to make me miss Seattle today-- we put Conrad on the phone with Jack, his best friend from his Seattle daycare. Both sets of parents fed the kids lines but it played out so nicely I think tears were shed on all sides. "I miss you." "I miss you too." "I have Elmo slippers on." "Bye."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment