Monday, March 15, 2010

Watching geese fly overhead.

The night we arrived, Conrad and I got out of the way of Dave and the movers, and walked down the street to the nearest neighborhood park: Compass Park is 2 blocks away. Conrad was giddy. His own park. The next day, we rode his bike down to another neighborhood park: Lewis & Clark Park is about 6 blocks away. (On the way there, he did a spectacular end-o, by the way.) The next day, Conrad wanted a new park. He has the fever, I guess. New Park Fever. So we drove this time, counting motorcycles and red fire hydrants, to Farewell Bend Park on the Deschutes River. This is where the Deschutes Dash starts, for those of you following along at home. It also has some things I never noticed before as a non-parent--a great play structure, fake rocks for climbing and a dock out over the estuary where you can watch the geese, ducks and kayakers. On our way back to the car, we passed at least five dogs and as many bikes. On our way home and ever since, Conrad has been remarking, "They're all over the place!" "What are, Conrad?" "Dogs! Bikes! Motorcycles! And fire hydrants!" Fire hydrants all over the place. More things I never noticed before. Kids are cool that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment